Accelerate Health Equity is a city-wide initiative aimed at addressing health equity and racism, and advancing health through a unified approach. Our mission is to fight racism within health care by supporting and evaluating evidence-based interventions to address racism and improve the health of Black Philadelphians. This initiative builds on a large number of equity directed efforts that have been ongoing in the city and brings together a diverse group of key stakeholders representing health systems, payors, and community organizations to work collaboratively to improve health outcomes.
To learn more about Accelerate Health Equity’s launch, click here.
- Commit to community & stakeholder engagement and partnership regarding goals & priorities.
- Focus on % change in specific measures over time & evaluate progress toward health equity to support and accelerate scaling of the most effective interventions.
- Use behavioral economics, human centered design & health services research to conduct rigorous pilots
- Include mixed methods approaches and community input to track progress over time.
- Use diverse data sources & local information to inform measurement & reporting.
Accelerate Health Equity will specifically focus on 16 topic areas that were identified through a rigorous process spearheaded by the Health Care Improvement Foundation and the Philadelphia Department of Public Health resulting in the 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment.
Within these topic areas, Accelerate Health Equity will identify meaningful areas of focus that have 1) relevance and importance for affected communities, 2) the greatest opportunity for fundamentally achieving health equity, 3) measurability and potential to catalyze significant improvement in the health of communities in the near term and over time.
Explore our health equity dashboard to learn more about these topic areas.